As an organization of physicians who care for infants, children, and adolescents, the Philippine Pediatric Society, Inc. pledges to:
- Provide leadership in training, teaching and research, and expertise in medical and community aspects of child health.
- Ensure an environment for child survival, development, safety and protection.
- Be responsive to continuing problems and changing priorities of the times.
- Protect the interest and well-being of its members.
- Treat all persons with dignity, honesty and respect according to accepted ethical standards stipulated in the Code of Ethics of the Philippine Medical Association.
- Be a wise and diligent steward of funds entrusted to it.
The PPS will be:
- A medical specialty society recognized regionally and internationally as the leader in relevant aspects of child care.
- An acclaimed group promoting the standards of excellence in continuing pediatric education, sub-specialty training, research and community outreach programs in the Southeast Asian region.
- A prime mover in the development of Filipino technology vital to the delivery of child health care.
- A more cohesive organization fostering harmony, integrity, ethics and professionalism.
- A society with its own permanent premises and provisions for official and administrative functions