Philippine Pediatric Society, Inc.
A Specialty Division of the Philippine Medical Association (PMA)
Member, International Pediatric Association (IPA)
Member, Asia Pacific Pediatric Association (APPA)
Member, ASEAN Pediatric Federation
World Pneumonia Day
As we are coming close to November 12 which is observed as World Pneumonia Day, we would like to hear from you ” What you will do to Stop Pneumonia. So kindly mail us your or your society’s plan in brief and we will be posting it on IPA website and will share on social media. For more information on World Pneumonia Day log on to stoppneumonia.org
We would request you to share it widely with your members through social media and other communication sources. Below are some suggestions for the post and sample tweets. Don’t forget to tag us @IPAWorldorg
1) The countdown begins. #WorldPneumoniaDay is Nov. 12! @IPAWorldorg
2) Know the issues. #StopPneumonia. http://stoppneumonia.org/issues/ @IPAWorldorg
3) We can #StopPneumonia. Find more information on proven prevention and treatment measures http://stoppneumonia.org/issues/ #WorldPneumoniaDay @IPAWorldorg
4) Pneumonia kills more children under the age of 5 worldwide than other deadly diseases. #StopPneumonia #WorldPneumoniaDay @IPAWorldorg
5) Overcome pneumonia, with proven interventions: exclusive breastfeeding, adequate nutrition, reduced household air pollution, clean water and sanitation, vaccines, and antibiotics. #WorldPneumoniaDay @IPAWorldorg
Further for your perusal please find the link to final report on GAPPD and the Lancet series along with the attached excecutive summary of the Lancet series from 2013. Let’s together contribute to Stop Pneumonia.